I thought I’d take a moment and remember OUR 9/11. The 9/11 everyone forgets, the 9/11 that no one wants to acknowledge, the 9/11 everyone thinks is over because things are “fair” now, the 9/11 that some of you reading this are rolling your eyes at the fact “we” aren’t over it yet, the 9/11 that no flag will be lowered, no moment of silence will be taken and no news coverage will be given for ceremonies.
It’s an irony that “Americans” memorialize loses suffered from foreign attacks and events of war but will not memorialize their attacks on the people right here in America. All of those lost names, lost souls, lost family members… No memorial, no ceremonies, no songs – nothing.
It’s ok – *I* remember you…
- 9/11 – A moment of Silence @ 9:11pm (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- NBC Airs Kardashian Interview on Breast Implants Instead of 9/11 Moment of Silence (nymag.com)
- White House Holds 9/11 Moment of Silence Ceremony (arkansasmatters.com)
- Tuesday makes 11th anniversary of 9/11 attacks (krem.com)
- Darien remembers 9/11 (darientimes.com)
- Ottawa firefighters mark 9-11 with moment of silence (metronews.ca)
- King city employees hold moment of silence for 9/11 victims (myfox8.com)
- NBC shamed in social media for failing to cover 9/11 moment of silence – Yahoo! TV (nadernazemi.com)
- ‘Today’ skips 9/11 moment of silence for interview with Kardashian mom | PopWatch | EW.com (drweb.typepad.com)
- Shameful: NBC skips 9/11 moment of silence for Kardashians and Kris Jenner’s boobs (twitchy.com)